1⁄2 lb ground beef
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon diced minced onion
1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (Spanish is best)
2 tablespoons water
8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1 cup cooking oil
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1⁄3 cup diced tomato
2⁄3 cup mild picante sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
(1) Cook the ground beef over medium heat until brown, then drain.
(2) Return meat to pan and add the salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water.
(3) Let mixture simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
(4) Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
(5) When oil is hot, fry each tortilla for about 30-45 seconds per side and drain on paper towels.
(6) Be sure to pop any bubbles that form when frying so that the tortilla lays flat in the oil.
Tortillas should become golden brown.
(7) Heat refried beans.
(8) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
(9) Stack each pizza by first spreading 1/3 C beans on one tortilla.
(10) Next add 1/3 C meat, then another tortilla.
(11) Top the second tortilla with 2 T of salsa.
(12) Divide the tomato, cheese, onions and olives evenly and top in that order.
Bake for 8-12 minutes. Yield: 4