A California Pizza Kitchen pasta recipe with great taste.
California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine #FamousRestaurantCopycats
Ready In: Less than 30 minutes
1 lb dry (or 2 lbs fresh) spinach fettuccine
1 1/4 pound chicken breast, diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro reserved for garnish
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper (seeds and veins removed)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (reserve tablespoon for saute )
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons gold tequila
2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1. Boil salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes for dry pasta, approximately 3 minutes for fresh. Pasta may be cooked ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then reheated in boiling water.
2. Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
4. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have become limp, add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
6. Bring the sauce to a boil; boil until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes).
7. Toss with drained spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.