Applebees Baby Back Ribs Recipe #FamousRestaurantCopycats
Make 2 batches of the sauce. One for basting and one for dipping at the table. No matter how much you make, it never goes to waste.
3 racks of Baby-Back Pork Ribs, each rack cut in half (about one pound each)
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
3 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Put ribs in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat becomes fork-tender. Boiling is a quick and easy cooking technique for ribs that is good for restaurants. But is not the best way to cook them. Marinating is the best way.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring often, 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Line broiler pan with foil for easy cleanup.
6. Place ribs, meat side down, on broiler-pan rack, brush with 1/2 the sauce and broil 4 – 5 inches from heat source for 6 – 7 minutes.
7. Turn ribs over, brush with remaining sauce and broil 6 – 7 minutes longer or until edges are just slightly charred.
8. Serve with dipping sauce if you followed my advice and made two batches.
9 Makes about 4 servings for normal people