1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour
2.5 tsp salt
¾ tsp pepper
¾ tsp MSG
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp baking powder
Honey BBQ dipping Sauce
• Cut 6 chicken breasts into strips, or you can buy chicken tenders in the store. Marinate them overnight.
• Preheat the shortening in a deep-fryer to 350F.
• Beat 1 egg and 1 cup of milk. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture.
• Dip the chicken into the coating and then double dip.
• Fry in fryer a few at a time till they are golden brown about 5 minutes or until they float.
• Remove the chicken to a rack and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
Note: The Colonel used to sale chicken nuggets that were tasty but he thought, why not prepare fresh chicken strips of all white meat and that is how the Colonel’s Crispy Strips were born. You will notice it is the same as the Extra Crispy.
For BBQ and spicy Strips; make the strips the original way and then dip into the Honey BBQ Dipping Sauce.